Davis delighted with Raiders return
- Credit: Archant
Captain happy with weekend haul
London Raiders captain Tom Davis was happy with a three-point return from his side’s National League meetings with Streatham and Oxford at the weekend.
Davis returned from a two-game suspension to help Raiders to a 5-3 win over the Redskins at Lee Valley on Saturday, netting alongside Jakub Kostelansky (2), Alan Lack and Liam Chong.
And the skipper was on target again the following night to help secure a 2-2 draw as Raiders maintained their hold on the last play-off place in the division.
Davis said: “Streatham was a huge game for us as we showed the weekend before we could compete with and also take points from them
You may also want to watch:
“We went into the game with high hopes of the points and the team came out flying and full of energy for 60 minutes which led us to two huge points.
“It was the same really with Oxford on Sunday. The only difference was we never had complete control of the game after going behind twice, but we still managed to grab a big point.
- 1 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 2 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 3 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
- 4 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 5 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
- 8 Elm Park pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 Five-year-old Ezra cycles 500km for charity
- 10 Heritage: Mystery of the moated mound on Romford Hill
“Oxford is never an easy place to go and take points, but I’m happy with the boys’ performance and we got a well earned point.”
Raiders now face the prospect of a blank weekend before returning to their campaign with a trip to Streatham on Sunday February 8.
But the time off comes at an opportune moment, with players and supporters set to get together at a fund-raising Race Night at Fairlop Powerleague on Friday.
Davis added: “We now have a break for a weekend which gives us time to train hard so we can continue the roll we are on.”