Dagenham agree new contract with Robinson with Kenny Clark set to stay
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Dagenham & Redbridge have announced that Matt Robinson has signed a new two-year contract extension with the club while defender Kenny Clark is set to extend his stay.
The midfielder joined the Daggers in 2016 and has been an influential member of the squad ever since, appearing over 150 times for the east London side.
Robbo is no stranger to National League success, having been a key member of Luton Town’s title winning team in the 2013/14 season in which he started 27 times for the Hatters.
Coming off the back of the most successful goal-scoring season in his career (netting eight times), Robinson is sure to be instrumental in this season's promotion push.
Daryl McMahon said: "I think Robbo has just had the best season of his career so far, so it's brilliant to have him back with us. With the number of goals he's scored, and the number of goal-scoring positions he's been getting in to, we've obviously tweaked his position a little bit and that has payed dividends for Robbo.
You may also want to watch:
"His work-ethic is outstanding and his attitude and energy really add something to the group. Both on the pitch and every day you see him at the training ground his positivity means it's a delight to have him as part of the club."
Defender Kenny Clark, 32, is also set to stay at Victoria Road with the announcement expected imminently.
- 1 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 2 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 3 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 4 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 5 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
- 6 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 7 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 8 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 9 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 10 Harold Hill man to be sentenced for ATM robberies