Cycling: Romford CC and Havering Tri tackle London to Southend ride
- Credit: Archant
Romford Cycling Club and Havering Tri joined forces to take on the London to Southend bike ride at the weekend.
The event has become a firm fixture on the calendar for both local clubs, given them the chance to ride with one another.
The ride has two options – one being approximately 52 miles and the other around 65 miles, with a number of people taking part.
Seasoned cyclists, those completing their first sportives, some riding as a personal challenge and some for charity all achieve the same result once they reach Priory Park in Southend.
Everyone from both clubs had great rides, with the women, in particular, producing some great results as Lisa Thake, Laura Homer and Lee Dale all finished inside the top four among female entrants.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on Romford CC email firstname.lastname@example.org and for more info on Havering Tri email email@example.com.
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 3 New rapid testing sites open in Romford and Upminster
- 4 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 5 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 6 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 7 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 8 New venture for Hornchurch MasterChef hairdresser
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Money raised by Captain Tom to be used to fund new ambulances