Hornchurch too strong for Shenfield
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Hornchurch eased to a convincing win over Shenfield in their Shepherd Neame Essex League Premier Division derby at Harrow Lodge Park.
The in-form hosts lost Mark James without scoring, dismissed by Oliver Castell, but captain Billy Gordon put on 90 with Michael Bones (34) before Arshad Ali struck.
Gordon dropped anchor and added another 74 with Bhajandip Singh Purewal (27), who fell to Alex Rickenbach, before Muhammad Irfan hit a quick 22 off 11 balls, with two sixes.
Captain Gordon struck eight fours to reach 100 off 138 balls, before he became the fourth victim of Ali (4-38), as Hornchurch closed on 259-7.
Jack Potticary hit five fours in a quick 25 in reply, before Gordon dismissed Ali and Mitchell Edwards in the space of a few balls.
You may also want to watch:
Mehad Khan bowled Potticary as a third Shenfield wicket fell with the score on 29, before Alan Jones followed soon after.
Khan picked up a third scalp to make it 49-5, before Irfan (2-11) got in on the act with a quickfire brace.
- 1 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 2 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 3 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 6 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 7 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 8 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 9 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
And Khan struck for a fourth time as Shenfield slumped to 56-8, before Rickenbach smacked a quick 24 off 18 balls, including five fours, in a late show of defiance.
Khan completed a 5-47 haul to end the fireworks, before Marc Whitlock wrapped up a 168-run win by claiming the final wicket with only his third delivery.