Collier Row tenpin bowling returns after long break due to Covid
- Credit: Colin Grainger
Tenpin bowlers from the former Sunday Trios League at Rollerbowl, Collier Row, returned to their sport for the first time in 18 months on Sunday night.
They restarted following the long Covid break, with their traditional individual tournament charity bowl in memory of Brian Martin.
The league is now a doubles league.
Garry Kingston won the men's handicap competition, with James Long second and Dean Kingston in third.
Kirsty Mitchell won the women's handicap event, with Jane Kingston runner-up.
You may also want to watch:
Money raised will go to charity Ambition, Aspire, Achieve for young people.
The Sunday Doubles League starts its new season next Sunday evening.
- 1 Four people taken to hospital after Romford town centre incident
- 2 East London police officer charged with rape
- 3 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 4 Mourners to host vigil in Harold Hill park for lost teenage boys
- 5 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 6 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 7 Romford location ‘encapsulates Britain’ in soon to premiere horror movie
- 8 Nurse pulls man from burning car after Romford crash
- 9 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 10 Covid-19 cases surge in Havering, latest figures reveal