Clockhouse ladies bag county Albert Crabb title
- Credit: Bob Pudney
Clockhouse Bowling Club's ladies gained revenge over Wanstead Central for the 2019 defeat in the Albert Crabb double rink competition after a nailbiting final at Braintree Bowling Club.
Played as a double rink competition with combined points deciding the winner, at around the halfway stage there was very little in the combined rink points.
But Clockhouse got the final breaks and eased in front after about 15 ends, holding an unassailable lead of 43-29 after 20 ends, when Wanstead Central conceded.
The teams on the day were Hazel Pudney, Margaret Tinton, Michelle Squires, skipped by Rebecca Smith and Michelle Carlin, Debbie Walmsley, Hayley Kenny, skipped by Serena Madgewick.
The reserves were Beverley Plank and Val Hayes.
You may also want to watch:
All played their part in the competition which started on July 22 with a first-round win over Elm Park by 17 shots, followed by a second-round win over Kings Chase by five shots and a third-round win over Brentwood by 32 shots.
After a fourth-round win over Romford by 22 shots, they had a semi-final win over Colchester by 33 shots, before the final win by 14 shots.
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 7 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 8 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 9 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations