Two county titles for Clockhouse Bowling Club ladies
- Credit: Clockhouse Bowls
Clockhouse Ladies made a strong bid in four events at the County Championships, held at White Hall Bowls Club on Saturday and Stock & Buttsbury Bowls Club on Sunday.
Saturday started with the four-wood Singles, with Rebecca Smith taking the title with a 21-16 win over June Linehan from Holland-on-Sea.
Also in the morning session Michelle Squires was contesting the two-wood singles semi-finals but was pipped at the post by Chris Buck of Wanstead Central.
In the afternoon the Clockhouse fours team of Smith, Serena Madgewick, Squires and Hayley Kenny made a good start in their final against a strong Wanstead Central team and they always held the upper hand and took the title 15-12 over 15 ends.
On Sunday at Stock & Buttsbury, Smith, Kenny and Michelle Carlin took part in the triples final against a team from The Springhouse Club but did not have the rub of the green and went down 17-14.
You may also want to watch:
All of which meant two county titles and a trip to Leamington for the National Championships for all five ladies, where they will contest the four-wood singles, triples and fours.
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 7 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 8 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 9 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations