Byron Red Star bag futsal trophy
- Credit: Archant
Under-sevens come out on top in tournament
Byron Red Star under-sevens claimed the silverware at their firsdt futsal tournament at the weekend.
They produced three wins and a loss in their group to progress to the semi-finals, with their tie ending goalless.
Owen Hutchinson and Louie King netted in the penalty shoot-out, while George London saved three spot-kicks to send Byron through to the final against County Park.
And the decider proved an exciting, end-to-end encounter, with Leo Leborgne picking up the ball on the left and finding King, whose long-range effort flew into the bottom corner of the net.
Great work from Lennie Nicholson and Liam Battrum kept Byron on top and some excellent defending in the closing minutes, as well as important saves from London, helped secure the trophy.
A spokesperson said: “What a day! Thanks to @Gol_Futsal for a great day.”
- 1 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 2 Man and woman arrested following Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 4 Rainham road closed as tactic to stop flytipping
- 5 'Pupils love coming here': Romford primary school retains 'good' rating
- 6 Plans to convert hotel into housing rejected despite residents' support
- 7 Mum-of-two honoured by US president Joe Biden
- 8 Tribute paid to father one year after death in council hostel
- 9 Two Havering councillors to stand down at next election
- 10 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel
Byron: London, King, Nicholson, Battrum, Leborgne, Hutchinson.