Byron Red Star bag another tournament title
- Credit: Archant
Under-sevens complete hat-trick at Redbridge event
Byron Red Star under-sevens won their third tournament of the summer at Chigwell’s Met Police ground.
They won three and lost one of their group matches at the Redbridge event, outscoring their rivals by a combined 10-1 margin and then won their semi-final 2-0.
They began the final on the front foot, with Liam Battrum and Lennie Nicholson working well down the flanks.
Chibuzo Okoli commanded the midfield and picked up the ball on halfway and played a great ball into Owen Hutchinson who controlled it well and skipped around a defender to smash the ball home and give Byron a well deserved lead.
Louie King was composed at the back throughout the tournament and played a great ball into Leo Leborgne who fed Hutchinson for a smart finish into the top left corner to complete his brace and claim 10th goal of the day.
George London was rarely troubled in Byron’s goal, but kept his concentration and recorded a fifth clean sheet of the day as Byron ran out 2-0 winners to make it a hat-trick of tournament wins.
- 1 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 2 Man and woman arrested following Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 4 Rainham road closed as tactic to stop flytipping
- 5 'Pupils love coming here': Romford primary school retains 'good' rating
- 6 Mum-of-two honoured by US president Joe Biden
- 7 Two Havering councillors to stand down at next election
- 8 Tribute paid to father one year after death in council hostel
- 9 Plans to convert hotel into housing rejected despite residents' support
- 10 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel
Manager Chris Hutchinson said: “These boys keep on amazing me and they are now getting there deserved rewards for all there hard work in training.“
Byron: London, King, Nicholson, Leborgne, Battrum, Okoli, Hutchinson.