Billericay Town looking to bounce back, as Brentwood turn focus to FA Cup
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Billericay Town will be looking to bounce back from an opening day defeat when they host Eastbourne Borough in National League South this weekend.
Kevin Watson's side welcome The Sports to New Lodge on Saturday determined to bag a first win of the campaign in their home opener after losing 3-0 at Bath City last weekend.
Mo Touray, Cody Cooke and Alex Fletcher strikes saw off Billericay in front of over 1,000 at Twerton Park.
Neighbours Brentwood Town will turn their attentions to the FA Cup as they take on Leighton Town in a preliminary round tie.
Manager Adam Flanagan and his new-look side will welcome the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division side to the Brentwood Arena on Saturday as they bid to build on a season-opening victory.
You may also want to watch:
A 36th-minute strike from new recruit Tom Richardson sealed a 1-0 win for Brentwood over Tilbury on the opening day of the Isthmian North season.
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Rainham flat ravaged by late night blaze
- 5 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 6 Campaigners ‘overjoyed’ and developer to 'consider its next steps' following Gallows Corner Tesco refusal
- 7 Covid-19: How has Havering fared over the last four weeks?
- 8 Application to install 5G mast in Cranham refused
- 9 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 10 Romford church to offer new debt support scheme