Bentley get better of Newham to maintain challenge
- Credit: Tim Edwards
Bentley got the better of Newham to maintain their challenge at the top of the Hamro Foundation Essex League Division Three table.
Leg-spinner Ash Parmenter (4-64) and pace bowler Steve Flack (2-34) had most success as the hosts were dismissed for 207.
And impressive half-centuries from Tom Mann (72 not out) and Dan Matthews (67) saw Bentley to a seven-wicket win.
The seconds fell to a 128-run defeat in Mid-Essex League Division Three against South Loughton.
The visitors made 200-8 off 35 overs, as Matt France (3-54) and Sanath Serasingne (2-46) took bowling honours.
You may also want to watch:
But Bentley were skittled for just 72, with Callum Darby (25) top scoring.
The thirds also lost to Hornchurch Athletic in Division Eight.
- 1 Ex-councillor under investigation over Green Belt building works
- 2 Tributes paid to well-loved Romford market fruit-seller
- 3 From 100 steps to 10,000: Romford woman tackles serious health issues by losing third of body weight
- 4 Campaigners launch petition to keep Emerson Park in Hornchurch constituency
- 5 Six green spaces to enjoy in Havering
- 6 Firefighters fight car alight in Romford
- 7 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 8 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 9 Death of Daniel Laskos far from isolated as London teen killings surge
- 10 BID installs wall of evergreen plants to ‘welcome people’ to Romford
Young Abi Brown (1-34) bowled an impressive spell as Athletic piled up 238-2, with Jake Marder (47) leading the way with the bat in Bentley's 140-8 reply.