Bentley have to settle for a draw with Goresbrook as rain affects play
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Bentley just failed to pull off a victory at Goresbrook in a rain-reduced Hamro Foundation Essex League match at the weekend.
Captain Glen Swinney and his side were put into bat by their Division Three rivals and posted 143-7 in 21 overs.
They were led by Phil Coleman (52) and Tom Johnson (29) before Goresbrook found themselves in trouble early on in reply.
Ash Parmenter (7-13) put in a superb display but the last pair of home batsmen held out for the last four overs to bag a draw thanks to Khan scoring 20 not out.
Bentley will now welcome South Woodford on Saturday in their next match, while the seconds will hope to return to action after having their match cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
The thirds however did play but suffered a heavy 129-run defeat to leaders Chelmsford Spartans.
The hosts amassed 266-8 with the runs shared around the team with Abi Brown (2-60) the main threat with the ball for Bentley.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 7 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 8 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 9 Summer camps and classes in and around Romford
- 10 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
In reply, Bentley lost wickets steadily despite the top order knocks of Sam Darby (39) and Jamie Anderson (35) as they were bowled out for 137.