Arsenal's Women's Super League clash with West Ham postponed
- Credit: PA
Arsenal's Women's Super League clash with West Ham United this afternoon has been postponed due to a frozen pitch at Meadow Park.
The Gunners had been set to take on the Hammers with a 12pm kick off but following a pitch inspection and further weather warnings the game has been postponed.
It is the second game in recent weeks that Arsenal have had a match postponed with the Aston Villa game called off due a positive coronavirus test in the Gunners camp.
An Arsenal statement read on Sunday morning: "Our home fixture against West Ham United Women at Meadow Park today has been called off due to a frozen pitch and extreme weather warnings.
"The Barclays FA Women’s Super League fixture was due to kick off at 12pm GMT, however following a pitch inspection at 9:30am and extreme weather warnings this weekend, we have had to postpone the fixture.
You may also want to watch:
"Information about a rescheduled fixture will be released in due course."
The last time the two sides met was in September with the Gunners winning 9-1 away from home at the Chigwell Construction Stadium.
- 1 Only eight Covid patients 'critical' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 2 Councillors give green light to new Rainham leisure centre plans
- 3 Romford MP leading charge to ban 'no pets' clauses in rented homes
- 4 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 5 People accused of breaching Covid regulations appear at court
- 6 Councillor criticises council decision to remove automated public toilets
- 7 Planes can't take off, but new businesses can - pilot swaps cockpit for coffee
- 8 Lidl to submit a planning application for a Rainham store
- 9 Hornchurch striker Liam Nash backing his side to keep Wembley dream alive
- 10 Shielding pensioner 'gobsmacked' after being hit with littering fine
Jill Roord netted a hat-trick, Vivianne Miedema netted a brace and goals from Beth Mead,Leah Williamson, Caitlin Foord and Kim Little added to the score.
The Gunners will return to action next Sunday (January 31) away as Aston Villa in that rescheduled fixture.