Two-time Wembley winner Remi Sutton was able to join an exclusive club after helping Romford win the FA Vase final.

The experienced left-back had netted Boro's quarter-final winner at North Greenford United and helped them run out 3-0 winners over Great Wakering Rovers at Wembley Stadium.

And that allowed him to climb the steps to the Royal Box for a second time to collect another winners' medal, having lifted the FA Trophy with Hornchurch three years earlier.

"Pretty surreal to be honest," said Sutton.

"I didn't think I'd get here the first time so to have the opportunity to do it twice, is something really special, to get both jobs done.

"To do it with this bunch of boys has been unbelievable, it's been brilliant.

"And I think from what I've heard I could potentially be the first person that's done both."

As it turns out, Gateshead's Louis Storey matched the feat a few hours later following their penalty shootout win over Solihull Moors - having won the FA Vase with Hebburn Town in 2020.

But that would not have dampened Sutton's mood too much and he admitted he had passed on a few words of advice before the big day.

"Luckily there's a few of us in the group that have played here before," he added.

"[I just said] Enjoy every moment of it, I didn't think I'd get it twice, you've got to enjoy every aspect of it, when it comes to game time we've got to try and focus on it being just another game, as hard as that is.

"That's what I tried to portray to the boys."

Boro certainly looked comfortable in the opening exchanges but the scoreline remained blank, not that there was any need to panic.

"We came in at half-time and we were confident," added Sutton.

"We'd played really well but that has been our problem the last couple of weeks, we haven't finished our chances.

"It was just a case of could we do the opposite to what's been happening recently, or was it not going to go in our favour.

"But once we got that first goal, it was only going to go one way, in our minds."

Hassan Nalbant slotted the opener from a Charlie Morris pass, with Sam Deering doubling the advantage moments later after Finlay Dorrell's shot was saved.

Nalbant bent home a third in stoppage time, from Toheeb Elegushi's pass, with Boro players, staff and supporters celebrating the historic success back at their clubhouse later that evening.

And it was the perfect ending to a tough week, after their promotion play-off and Errington Challenge Cup final disappointments.

"That's motivation in itself. It had been a tough week but what better way to make things right than to do it at the home of football," he said.

"We missed out on promotion but these opportunities, are they going to come round again? Probably unlikely.

"To get it done today, we've just got to enjoy this moment now, and the rest of the week is what it is."

Sutton also had words of praise for two-goal Nalbant and his fellow goalscorer Deering, who also took the man of the match award.

And he joked he might have to hang up his boots now after his winning Wembley double.

"I told him [Nalbant] before the game he was going to get a brace today and he didn't disappoint," he said. 

"I'm buzzing for the boy, he deserves it.

"Sam, you know what you're going to get from him and he didn't disappoint. He was class as always. 

"At this point I think I might have to contemplate retiring, two times at Wembley I can't really do much more can I?"