Upminster 2s returned to action with a 6-1 success over Maldon at Coopers.

They went ahead after a good move on the right as Gus Siggins cut the ball back for Chris Eggleton to score.

George Chiverton broke through to double the lead, after his initial shot was saved, before the break.

And the hosts got into their stride and scored with a sweet strike from Steve Wright from a narrow angle, before a slick move on the right saw Eggleton set up Chiverton for his second goal at the far post.

Will Doyle's powerful run and offload into the D found Ryan Hodges to tee up Wright for his second, before Hodges got onto the scoresheet with another back post tap in.

Maldon broke out for a late consolation as Upminster made it back-to-back wins for the first time this season ahead of a trip to Saffron Walden 2s.

A hat-trick from Ollie Peck and strike from 13-year-old Lewis Munn propelled the fifths to a 4-0 win over Old Loughts 7s and top spot in Division 6SE.

Missing a number of regulars, Upminster started brightly with Peck converting a second-minute short corner.

Peck doubled his tally from the spot after Jacob Eade's shot was blocked on the goal line by a Loughts foot and completed a first-half hat-trick from another short corner.

But Upminster had to wait until the closing minutes to add to their tally when Peck set up Munn to score in his first game for the team.

Upminster face Thurrock 2s in a top-of-the-table clash next week.

The development team loaned players to Romford 2s for a friendly.

And Joseph Warren netted the only goal to secure a win for Romford against his clubmates.

Debutants Michael Pedrick, Richard McGill, Jesse Efionayi, Naveen Kamboj and Jeevan Singh impressed for the hosts.

Upminster's women fell to a 3-1 defeat against Cambridge City 3s.

Lucy Falzon, Alexa Marston and Drew Bailey combined constantly with Issy Uzal who was a constant threat driving forward.

And on five minutes a Uzal pass across the D was deflected to Riva Siggins who finished from close range.

Charlotte Triggs saved a Cambridge short corner, but the ball was recycled inside the D and eventually deflected in for an equaliser.

A timely tackle by Bella Boyle stopped Cambridge closing in on goal, while Michelle Wright was just off-target after combining well with Marston.

Continued pressure around the D by Uzal forced a corner, with Lauren Slater-Harvey's strike going wide, and Siggins produced good forward runs as Upminster looked more likely to score.

Slater-Harvey, Marston and Uzal tested the Cambridge keeper after the restart, as the tenacious Falzon kept battling in midfield.

But Cambridge took the lead when a corner strike was deflected behind Triggs for a close-range finish.

And captain Megan Miller's surging runs into the D could not find a teammate, before Cambridge sealed their victory from another short corner.