Pictures: Children search for pixies and fairies at Chafford Gorges Nature Park
- Credit: Archant
A group of Chafford Hundred children went on a mythical trip to find some secretive guests of the Chafford Gorges Nature Park.
The event, which is now in its second year, saw children pick up a map and hit a winding educational trail in search of pixies and fairies who have made the reserve their home.
At the end of the trail, the children had their faces painted and made wands out of willow branches.
They also got the chance to build their very own miniature magical home, complete with leaves, moss and lavender to encourage some seldom-seen visitors to their own gardens.
Chafford Gorges Nature Park education and community officer Andrew Sidders said: “Everybody who took part loved it. We’ve only been doing it for the past few years, but every time we do the sessions are fully booked. It’s a great way to get people to experience the reserve and see all the sights and animals, as well as feed the birds.”
You may also want to watch:
Andrew said there are plans to expand the popular activity to a full day next year.
A a bug hunting event will run from 10am to 11.30am on August 26.
- 1 Firefighters fight car alight in Romford
- 2 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 3 From 100 steps to 10,000: Romford woman tackles serious health issues by losing third of body weight
- 4 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 5 BID installs wall of evergreen plants to ‘welcome people’ to Romford
- 6 Romford neighbours' outrage over ‘bonkers’ £20,000 council bill
- 7 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 8 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 9 'We had no idea how big he was': 11lb 4oz baby born at Romford hospital
- 10 'Stay strong': West Ham footballers send messages to fan with cancer
For more information visit essexwt.org.uk. To see more photos click on our picture gallery.