Youth group leader suffers multiple burns in accident at Stubbers Adventure Centre in Upminster
- Credit: Archant
A youth group leader suffered multiple burns at Stubbers Adventure Centre after a gas camp stove he was operating caught fire.
The accident happened at the centre, in Ockendon Road, Upminster, on Friday, July 7, in front of horrified children but fortunately first responders were on the scene immediately and provided the injured man with medical treatment until emergency services arrived.
He required hospital treatment but is expected to make a full recovery from his injuries and luckily no other people were hurt in the accident.
A spokesman for Stubbers said the stove, which was brought to the centre by the youth group, “is thought to have developed a leak and caught fire although this will need clarification by the emergency services”.
“Stubbers Adventure Centre staff will continue to provide every support possible to those involved and would like to thank the emergency services for their exceptionally swift response.”