Young performers ‘buzzing’ after first performance at Romford fun day
A group of young dancers were “buzzing” after performing for to the public at a Romford fun day.
The 21 dancers from the NKM School of Dance put on one of their first ever public performances at the Cottons Park Fun Day.
Dance teacher Nicola Mayer put the group – which ranges from tots to a 20-year-old – through their paces for six months preparing for the performance of various modern dance styles.
Nicola said: “I think they were really nervous at the beginning, but didn’t want to go home at the end they were absolutely buzzing.
“We did 12 dances – the kids wanted to do more, they loved every minute.
You may also want to watch:
“For a lot of them it was their only real public performance I think they would love to do more.”
She added: “We had some really nice comment from the public, lots of people took a leaflet for information about the group, it was a really good response.”
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 6 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 7 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 8 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 9 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
The group, which meets once a week at St Andrew’s Church hall, Romford is open to new members – both boys and girls.
For more information call Nicola on: 07956 477673.