Young performers ‘buzzing’ after first performance at Romford fun day
A group of young dancers were “buzzing” after performing for to the public at a Romford fun day.
The 21 dancers from the NKM School of Dance put on one of their first ever public performances at the Cottons Park Fun Day.
Dance teacher Nicola Mayer put the group – which ranges from tots to a 20-year-old – through their paces for six months preparing for the performance of various modern dance styles.
Nicola said: “I think they were really nervous at the beginning, but didn’t want to go home at the end they were absolutely buzzing.
“We did 12 dances – the kids wanted to do more, they loved every minute.
You may also want to watch:
“For a lot of them it was their only real public performance I think they would love to do more.”
She added: “We had some really nice comment from the public, lots of people took a leaflet for information about the group, it was a really good response.”
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 7 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 8 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 9 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 10 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
The group, which meets once a week at St Andrew’s Church hall, Romford is open to new members – both boys and girls.
For more information call Nicola on: 07956 477673.