X-Factor singer meets the Raiders
X FACTOR singer Diana Vickers showed she has more than a pretty face and a magic voice by strapping on a pair of ice skates and joining the Romford Raiders.
The songstress appeared at Romford Ice Rink for a cover shoot for a national magazine alongside top players from the ice hockey team with the help of head coach Danny Marshall.
Luckily, Romford was the only rink which had any ice at the time of the shoot and organisers managed to get a quarter of it sealed off temporarily, while the rest remained open to the public.
Random magazine founder Tomo Kembery, 23, of Gidea Park, said: “Basically we had Diana down here and I was really into the hockey. I used to play for the Raiders under-19s, so I thought it would be a bit of fun to get her on the ice with the Raiders.
“Luckily, she could skate.
You may also want to watch:
“I had to speak to her management to make sure she was happy to do it, but it went really well.”
- 1 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 2 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 3 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 4 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 5 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 6 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 7 DAB radios donated to Queen's Hospital for those too weak to hold a phone
- 8 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 9 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 10 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks