X-Factor singer meets the Raiders
X FACTOR singer Diana Vickers showed she has more than a pretty face and a magic voice by strapping on a pair of ice skates and joining the Romford Raiders.
The songstress appeared at Romford Ice Rink for a cover shoot for a national magazine alongside top players from the ice hockey team with the help of head coach Danny Marshall.
Luckily, Romford was the only rink which had any ice at the time of the shoot and organisers managed to get a quarter of it sealed off temporarily, while the rest remained open to the public.
Random magazine founder Tomo Kembery, 23, of Gidea Park, said: “Basically we had Diana down here and I was really into the hockey. I used to play for the Raiders under-19s, so I thought it would be a bit of fun to get her on the ice with the Raiders.
“Luckily, she could skate.
You may also want to watch:
“I had to speak to her management to make sure she was happy to do it, but it went really well.”
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 3 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 4 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 5 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 6 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 7 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 8 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 9 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 10 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering