X Factor hopeful is back home for Brewery show
- Credit: Archant
Collier Row singer Lydia Lucy will be performing at The Brewery tomorrow.
Lydia Lucy, 20, impressed X Factor judges and viewers during her audition last weekend and is through to the bootcamp stage.
This weekend she will find out if she has followed in the footsteps of brother Luke White and his band Times Red who made it to the judges’ houses last year.
Lydia said: “I’m so pleased and overwhelmed with the support I have had. It is amazing the way people have responded to me being on the show.
“A lot of people have been surprised because they say that I am like a little girl but have a big voice.”
Her mum Linda said she was proud of her performance and said people in Romford had been “extremely supportive”.
She said: “Her dad and I were terribly nervous for her when she had her first audition, but she did so well.”
- 1 Daughter pulls father out of care home after 'fall leaves him bedbound'
- 2 New three-storey building with flats looking to be built behind disused Rainham pub
- 3 The Hop Inn: Hornchurch pub named best in London for second year running
- 4 Romford mother lived in squalor after mental health 'failings', court hears
- 5 'Really proud’: Hornchurch mother tackles English Channel in relay swim for charity
- 6 Three found guilty of murder for involvement in fatal gunfight
- 7 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 8 London Fire Brigade Cadets on-hand to help Wennington residents trim hedges and clear up their gardens
- 9 Romford man arrested following multi-vehicle collision on M11
- 10 'Taste' of Notting Hill Carnival comes to Collier Row
The singer, who won The Brewery’s Search for a Brewery Star talent competition in 2009, will be performing at Namco Funscape from 11.15am on Saturday, followed by a meet and greet from 11.45am at Zizzi.
Rubie Charalambous, centre manager at The Brewery, Romford, said: “We are thrilled to be welcoming Lydia back to The Brewery this weekend.
“We spotted her obvious talent from early on, and wish her lots of luck in her X Factor experience.”