Workmen help police to rescue man dangling from building in Romford
Two workmen helped police to rescue a man hanging off the top of a building.
Firefighters from Hornchurch fire station were called to the incident in South Street, Romford today (Monday January 30) at around 9am.
When crews arrived, the man was being helped by the police and the workmen.
A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said: “When we pulled up we just heard lots of screaming and we could see this man dangling from the building.
“The police were trying to pull the man up and there were two workmen who helped the police to get him up.”
You may also want to watch:
The man was later taken to the hospital.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 3 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’