Workmen help police to rescue man dangling from building in Romford
Two workmen helped police to rescue a man hanging off the top of a building.
Firefighters from Hornchurch fire station were called to the incident in South Street, Romford today (Monday January 30) at around 9am.
When crews arrived, the man was being helped by the police and the workmen.
A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said: “When we pulled up we just heard lots of screaming and we could see this man dangling from the building.
“The police were trying to pull the man up and there were two workmen who helped the police to get him up.”
You may also want to watch:
The man was later taken to the hospital.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 3 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 4 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 5 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 6 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 7 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 8 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford