Workers at Romford Pharmacy raise funds for charity
Staff at a pharmacy helped to raise more than �500 for good causes.
The workers at Mim Pharmacy in North Street, Romford presented a cheque for �402 to St Francis Hospice and �110 to Hope For Havering Night Shelter recently.
Pharmacist Tariq Mahmood took part in a sponsored marathon in Leeds, while Chris O’Brian and Mohamed Remli competed a walk in Raphaels Park in Romford.
Tariq said: “We feel really happy to have helped out two really good causes.
“As a pharmacy we think it is good to give something back to our community.”
You may also want to watch:
The workers celebrated their achievement with a special visit from the former Havering Mayor Cllr Melvin Wallace.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 4 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 5 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 6 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 7 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hornchurch Covid woodland memorial gets residents' backing, survey says
- 10 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner