Worker assaulted in Collier Row newsagent
- Credit: Archant
A newsagent worker has been assaulted after three masked men broke into a shop in Collier Row.
The incident occurred on Sunday evening when it is claimed three men wearing masks attacked the man before stealing money from the Premier Express store, Chase Cross Road, Collier Row.
The customer, who didn’t want to be named, said: “I went round (on Monday morning) and the poor chap was black and blue.
“He’s a lovely gentleman, it’s a crying shame.”
The manager of a neighbouring business said: “I don’t what happened, I just saw him on Monday morning and it was very bad.”
You may also want to watch:
Staff at the store told the Recorder the incident had been reported to police, but the Met was unable to confirm any details of the report.
- 1 Four people taken to hospital after Romford town centre incident
- 2 East London police officer charged with rape
- 3 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 4 Mourners to host vigil in Harold Hill park for lost teenage boys
- 5 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 6 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 7 Romford location ‘encapsulates Britain’ in soon to premiere horror movie
- 8 Nurse pulls man from burning car after Romford crash
- 9 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 10 Covid-19 cases surge in Havering, latest figures reveal