Worker assaulted in Collier Row newsagent
- Credit: Archant
A newsagent worker has been assaulted after three masked men broke into a shop in Collier Row.
The incident occurred on Sunday evening when it is claimed three men wearing masks attacked the man before stealing money from the Premier Express store, Chase Cross Road, Collier Row.
The customer, who didn’t want to be named, said: “I went round (on Monday morning) and the poor chap was black and blue.
“He’s a lovely gentleman, it’s a crying shame.”
The manager of a neighbouring business said: “I don’t what happened, I just saw him on Monday morning and it was very bad.”
You may also want to watch:
Staff at the store told the Recorder the incident had been reported to police, but the Met was unable to confirm any details of the report.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 3 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 4 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 5 Trust celebrating Hornchurch history opens new permanent heritage centre
- 6 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 7 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 8 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 9 Report found Town Hall response to alleged sexual harassment case 'disturbing'
- 10 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence