Woman taken to Queen’s hospital after Cranham house fire

A woman was treated for smoke inhalation and taken to Queen’s Hospital following a Cranham house fire last night (Thursday).

Firefighters from Harold Hill were called to the Brunswick Avenue blaze just before 8pm and extinguished the fire – believed to have been caused by curtains catching light.

The London Ambulance Service (LAS) confirmed they were called at 8.10pm and sent an ambulance crew, a single respondent in a car and the hazardous area response team to the scene.

They treated a woman, believed to be in her 40s, for smoke inhalation, and took her by ambulance to Queen’s Hospital, Romford.

Firefighters said the woman, along with her son, had left the building before they arrived.


You may also want to watch:


Do you know the people involved? Please call the news desk on 020 8477 3878 or e-mail news.desk@romfordrecorder.co.uk.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter