Woman killed in Collier Row ‘crushed by own car’
The woman who died yesterday in Collier Row was killed by her own car.
The victim, in her 50s, died when the vehicle rolled on to her as she retreived items from the boot, official sources say.
It is thought she was discovered by a relative.
Firefighters from Romford and Harold Hill stations attended the scene in Prestwood Drive just after 12pm.
A spokesman for London Ambulance Service (LAS) said: “We were called to reports of a road traffic accident involving a car and a pedestrian.
You may also want to watch:
“We sent an ambulance crew, three single responders and a duty officer.
“Sadly one patient was dead at the scene.”
- 1 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 3 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 4 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 5 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 6 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 7 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 8 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 9 National Hospitality Day: Locals stuck by cafe through 'thick and thin'
- 10 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
The incident is under investigation by police, but it is not being treated as suspicious.