Woman killed in Collier Row ‘crushed by own car’
The woman who died yesterday in Collier Row was killed by her own car.
The victim, in her 50s, died when the vehicle rolled on to her as she retreived items from the boot, official sources say.
It is thought she was discovered by a relative.
Firefighters from Romford and Harold Hill stations attended the scene in Prestwood Drive just after 12pm.
A spokesman for London Ambulance Service (LAS) said: “We were called to reports of a road traffic accident involving a car and a pedestrian.
You may also want to watch:
“We sent an ambulance crew, three single responders and a duty officer.
“Sadly one patient was dead at the scene.”
- 1 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 2 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 3 New venture for Hornchurch MasterChef hairdresser
- 4 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 5 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 6 New rapid testing sites open in Romford and Upminster
- 7 'Beyond annoying' - New traffic measure coming to Hornchurch junction
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 UKIP vote from 2016 'significant' to Tory win in Havering and Redbridge
- 10 Three-year-old raises £10,000 with challenge inspired by Captain Tom
The incident is under investigation by police, but it is not being treated as suspicious.