Woman in 70s dies after being struck by car in Rainham
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 70s has died after being struck by a car.
Police were called by ambulance crews to the Wentworth Way junction with New Road in Rainham just before 8.30pm on Saturday night.
The woman, believed to be local, was taken to hospital but died a short while later. Next of kin have been informed.
The driver of the car involved in the collision stopped at the scene. He was not arrested.
Detectives from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit are investigating and inquiries are ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed on Saturday night and Sunday morning.
The fatal road accident was the second in one week after Gabriel Serunkuma, 24, was killed when his Ford Focus hit a lamppost in Rainham Road, Hornchurch on Monday.
- 1 'Foul odour': Neighbours call for action over worsening sewage stench
- 2 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 3 Home owner ordered to pay £4,726 to remove overflowing rubbish
- 4 Patient gets £12k in out-of-court settlement with Romford dental practice
- 5 Pupils equipped for 'medical emergencies' after winning first aid classes
- 6 Heritage: Tragedy at the Upminster sewage works
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 People in hospital after Collier Row collision
- 9 Partner: Romford shooting verdict 'brushes police errors under the carpet'
- 10 Volunteer on using video skills to help hospice