Woman hospitalized as car overturns near Gallows Corner
- Credit: Archant
A woman was taken to hospital today after her car overturned in an accident near Gallows Corner.
Firefighters from Romford fire station attended the crash at around 11.30am on the A12, Eastern Avenue, to help free the woman in her 40s but their assistance was not needed.
London Ambulance Service took her to Queen’s Hospital, Romford, as a priority and another patient was treated at the scene.
One lane of traffic was closed while emergency services dealt with the accident causing a long buildup of traffic.
Aaron Mclean tweeted: “Stay away from A12 coming up to Gallows Corner flyover towards Southend. Nasty accident and overturned car. #HopeEveryoneIsOk.”
You may also want to watch:
In a reference to recent reports that the London Mayor has vowed to tackle the accident blackspot, Mai Yolanda tweeted: “I can’t wait for Boris Johnson to unveil his plan for tackling Gallows Corner.”
Did anyone witness the incident? Contact Sam on 0208 477 3892 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 2 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 3 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 4 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 5 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 6 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 7 DAB radios donated to Queen's Hospital for those too weak to hold a phone
- 8 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 9 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 10 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
Poll: London Mayor Boris Johnson calls on TfL for Gallows Corner improvementsUpdate: Woman taken to hospital after crash at Gallows Corner, RomfordCalls for major work at Gallows Corner accident hotspot