Woman hospitalised after failed mugging in Harold Wood; police release efit
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have released an efit of a man they are hunting after a lone woman was punched repeatedly as she walked through woodland.
The 23-year-old was thumped “several times on the back of her head” by the would-be mugger in Pages Wood, Harold Wood, at about 3.50pm on Sunday, March 23.
He fled after being disturbed by two passers-by.
The woman was taken by ambulance to hospital and kept in for several nights.
Her injuries are not thought to be life-changing.
You may also want to watch:
Nothing was stolen in the attack.
The suspect is white, aged between 25 and 28, about 5ft 10ins, of athletic build with shaven dark hair and was wearing dark clothing.
- 1 Firefighters fight car alight in Romford
- 2 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 3 From 100 steps to 10,000: Romford woman tackles serious health issues by losing third of body weight
- 4 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 5 BID installs wall of evergreen plants to ‘welcome people’ to Romford
- 6 Romford neighbours' outrage over ‘bonkers’ £20,000 council bill
- 7 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 8 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 9 'We had no idea how big he was': 11lb 4oz baby born at Romford hospital
- 10 'Stay strong': West Ham footballers send messages to fan with cancer
The assault did not involve a sex attack, say police.
Det Sgt Niall McSheffrey, of Havering CID, said: “We are appealing for any witnesses who may have seen an altercation or the suspect in Pages Wood. We would also advise people to be vigilant when in the area.”
Witnesses should call Det Sgt McSheffrey on 101, quoting reference number 5404341/14 or, to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. Crimestoppers’ anonymity guarantee has never been broken. Callers are not even asked for their name.