Gallows Corner Crash: 22-year-old woman dies after she was hit by car on A12
- Credit: Archant
A woman has died following a crash in Gallows Corner.
Police are continuing to appeal for information following a fatal crash on the A12 on Wednesday, June 19.
Emergency services were called to reports that a car hit a pedestrian at around 8.50pm.
A woman aged 22 was taken to a south London hospital in a critical condition.
She died on the afternoon of Friday, June 21.
Her next of kin are aware.
The driver of the car stopped at the scene and was not arrested.
- 1 Solution to blaze hotspot in Rainham may take 'some time' to find, residents warned
- 2 Meals delivery service for elderly and vulnerable launches in Havering
- 3 Motorcyclist dies after collision with car on Shepherds Hill
- 4 Romford World Naked Bike Ride: How protest sits at the heart of the nude cycle
- 5 Forests between Dagenham and Brentwood to benefit from mass plantations amid £40 million investment
- 6 Upminster fire: 80 firefighters tackle grassland blaze as warm weather continues
- 7 Campion pupil Thorne chasing Commonwealth Games glory
- 8 Get your fill of tacos, burritos and more as Taco Bell announces opening date for new Hornchurch restaurant
- 9 'Totally gutted’: Hornchurch nightclub owner vows to appeal after opening hours extension refused
- 10 Kem Cetinay: Love Island star offers ‘deepest condolences’ after fatal motorcycle collision
Det Sgt Jose Qureshi, who is leading the investigation, said: "Officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit are working to establish the full circumstances surrounding this incident.
"I am asking for anyone who witnessed the incident, or who has dash cam footage, to make contact with us as soon as possible."
Anyone with information asked to contact the SCIU on 020 8597 4874, tweet @MetCC or call 101 ref CAD 7861/19Jun.