Winning insurance firm: Secrets of our success
�A Havering insurance brokers – which started life with just four staff four years ago and is now one of the 50 best in the country – was honoured at the Havering Business Awards.
Right Choice Insurance Brokers in Ashton Road, Romford, specialises in ‘difficult’ insurance clients, including those who have had accidents, those with convictions and young drivers.
The company has also got some star names on its books, including socialite Tara Palmer-Tompkinson, presenter Kirsty Gallagher and sailor Ben Ainslie.
It is an astonishing success story for a company just four years old and whose reputation has spread by little more than word-of-mouth alone.
Managing director Mike Joseph, 41, credits the achievement to good business ethics and a strong staff – now nearly 100 strong – striving to do their best for clients.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It might sound like a clich� but we’re like a big family here.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 4 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 5 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 6 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 7 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 10 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
“I have worked with most of my staff before at some stage in my professional life and the experience per head is incredible.”
The company picked up the Growing Business of the Year award at Maylands Golf Club in Colchester Road, Harold Park, last Friday.
This year the company made it on the prestigious Insurance Age top 50 brokers rankings.
The success is measurable at client-level too with many satisfied customers leaving glowing testimonials about the service – highly unusual in the business.
Mike explained: “We have a unique selling point; we bridge the gap between old-fashioned insurance brokering and modern technology.
“Unlike some Internet companies, we do not accept applications online. We use the Internet to generate enquiries and not just transactions.
“We deal with every customer individually and our staff make sure the information is correct and speak to people so we can get the best possible deal for them.”
He added: “The Having Business Award was a fantastic reward and recognition of all the hard work of staff. This year has been especially tough.”