Winners of Gidea Park Photographic Competition attend prize giving event
The winners of a photographic competition to celebrate the centenary of the Gidea Park Exhibition Estate were presented with awards at a special event last week,
The six winners of the Gidea Park Photographic Competition attended a special prize giving with Mayor Cllr Mevlin Wallace at Havering Museum in Main Road, Romford last Tuesday September 27.
One of the organisers of the event, Ken Powling said: “It was a really nice evening and it was good that all their hard work was finally paid off.”
The competition, which was organised by the Gidea Park and District Civic Soceity and P and B Photographic of Brewery Walk to mark the centenary of the Gidea Park Exhibition Estate.
It saw more than 50 people taking their snaps of architectural features, gardens and street scenes in Gidea Park.
You may also want to watch:
Ken said: “We were expecting more entries in the competition, but I think a lot of people thought that it was too challenging.
“But the entries were of a high standard and it was suprising to see lots of good ones for the 16 and under category.”
- 1 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 4 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 5 East London police officer charged with rape
- 6 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 7 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 8 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 9 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 10 Post delays reported in Harold Hill as Royal Mail confirms staff shortages