Winners of Gidea Park Photographic Competition attend prize giving event
The winners of a photographic competition to celebrate the centenary of the Gidea Park Exhibition Estate were presented with awards at a special event last week,
The six winners of the Gidea Park Photographic Competition attended a special prize giving with Mayor Cllr Mevlin Wallace at Havering Museum in Main Road, Romford last Tuesday September 27.
One of the organisers of the event, Ken Powling said: “It was a really nice evening and it was good that all their hard work was finally paid off.”
The competition, which was organised by the Gidea Park and District Civic Soceity and P and B Photographic of Brewery Walk to mark the centenary of the Gidea Park Exhibition Estate.
It saw more than 50 people taking their snaps of architectural features, gardens and street scenes in Gidea Park.
You may also want to watch:
Ken said: “We were expecting more entries in the competition, but I think a lot of people thought that it was too challenging.
“But the entries were of a high standard and it was suprising to see lots of good ones for the 16 and under category.”
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 6 Severe flooding in Havering and Dagenham as "tornado" hits Barking
- 7 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 8 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Harold Wood protest against proposed Gallows Corner homes
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’