Winner of TV dance programme drops by Collier Row dance studio
The winner of 2011 TV dance programme “So you think you can dance” inspired students at a dance club as he paid them a visit.
Matt Flint dropped off at Jam Dance Company, in Lodge Lane, Collier Row, on June 23 with the hope that his enthusiasm and passion would encourage the young dancers to follow their dreams.
Teachers knew that the students would love the chance to work with him and would benefit from his expertise as a dancer and performer.
Jane Adlerson, Principle of Jam said: “It was such an honour to have Matt with us.”
“He was fantastic with Jam’s students.”
You may also want to watch:
“He’s just such a genuine character and he sent out a good message, not to become a dancer just because you hope to become famous, but to become a dancer because that’s what you love to do.”
Matt spent several hours at the studios with the students and held a commercial jazz class followed by tap, which is the area of dance that he specialises in.
- 1 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 4 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 5 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 6 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 7 East London police officer charged with rape
- 8 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 9 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 10 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
After the classes had finished, Matt answered questions from the students and offered them advice on how to achieve their goals.
Ms Adlerson added: “The students just absolutely loved him and they really responded to what he had to say.”
“They were exhausted and exhilarated, he has truly inspired us all and we cannot wait for him to visit again.”
Matt will be Jam’s special guest at their show at the Queens Theatre Horchurch in January 2013.
For further information on Jam, please visit www.jam-dance.co.uk.