Winner of TV dance programme drops by Collier Row dance studio
The winner of 2011 TV dance programme “So you think you can dance” inspired students at a dance club as he paid them a visit.
Matt Flint dropped off at Jam Dance Company, in Lodge Lane, Collier Row, on June 23 with the hope that his enthusiasm and passion would encourage the young dancers to follow their dreams.
Teachers knew that the students would love the chance to work with him and would benefit from his expertise as a dancer and performer.
Jane Adlerson, Principle of Jam said: “It was such an honour to have Matt with us.”
“He was fantastic with Jam’s students.”
You may also want to watch:
“He’s just such a genuine character and he sent out a good message, not to become a dancer just because you hope to become famous, but to become a dancer because that’s what you love to do.”
Matt spent several hours at the studios with the students and held a commercial jazz class followed by tap, which is the area of dance that he specialises in.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 3 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
After the classes had finished, Matt answered questions from the students and offered them advice on how to achieve their goals.
Ms Adlerson added: “The students just absolutely loved him and they really responded to what he had to say.”
“They were exhausted and exhilarated, he has truly inspired us all and we cannot wait for him to visit again.”
Matt will be Jam’s special guest at their show at the Queens Theatre Horchurch in January 2013.
For further information on Jam, please visit www.jam-dance.co.uk.