Williams set to return for Daggers’ clash with Rochdale
- Credit: Dave Simpson/TGSPHOTO
Daggers’ top goalscorer looks on course to come straight back into the team for tomorrow’s home match against Rochdale.
Striker Sam Williams is set to return to the starting line-up for Daggers as they take on Rochdale at Victoria Road tomorrow.
Williams, the club’s top scorer with eight goals, missed Tuesday night’s 2-1 loss at Morecambe after boss John Still opted to rest the forward after encountering their second heavy pitch in a week.
And Still admitted the 25-year-old was missed on Tuesday night and would return immediately.
“We were without Sam and at the start of the season he was the most important player behind Dwight Gayle,” said Still.
You may also want to watch:
“It was difficult, the boys had a go but Sam might have held the ball up a little better.
“And with this being the second heavy pitch in succession there wasn’t enough recovery time for Sam.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 7 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 8 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Local high street rewards scheme launched in Brentwood
“He was out for a long spell last season with injury so we have to be careful but we definitely missed his hold up play.
“Sam can come straight back in and options were very low last year but this season we have a few.”