Williams backs Daggers for promotion
Daggers target-man Sam Williams insists his fellow strikers can fire the club back into League One at the first time of asking.
Ahead of tonight’s visit of Swindon Town, Daggers have scored just once in three matches in all competitions this season – through winger Medy Elito.
But Williams believes manager John Still is spoilt for choice in the striking department and backs his team-mates to soon find the target and push the team towards the top of League Two.
“I look at the strikers we’ve got in the squad and I can’t see another team with as much depth as us,” said the former Yeovil striker.
“We’ve got six or seven really good ones and if someone isn’t playing well, someone else is ready to step in.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m sure once we start making more chances and scoring goals then everyone will kick on and hopefully we can replace the goals scored by (Romain) Vincelot and (Danny) Green last season.
“I look around and all of the boys are saying promotion is our number one aim. If you don’t go for that then you’re not really supposed to be a footballer.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 4 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 5 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 6 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 7 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 8 Post delays reported in Harold Hill as Royal Mail confirms staff shortages
- 9 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 10 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
“We were unlucky last season, going down by a point and I know we all want to get back there (League One) and all play as high as possible and we definitely think we can achieve that.”