Williams backs Daggers for promotion
Daggers target-man Sam Williams insists his fellow strikers can fire the club back into League One at the first time of asking.
Ahead of tonight’s visit of Swindon Town, Daggers have scored just once in three matches in all competitions this season – through winger Medy Elito.
But Williams believes manager John Still is spoilt for choice in the striking department and backs his team-mates to soon find the target and push the team towards the top of League Two.
“I look at the strikers we’ve got in the squad and I can’t see another team with as much depth as us,” said the former Yeovil striker.
“We’ve got six or seven really good ones and if someone isn’t playing well, someone else is ready to step in.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m sure once we start making more chances and scoring goals then everyone will kick on and hopefully we can replace the goals scored by (Romain) Vincelot and (Danny) Green last season.
“I look around and all of the boys are saying promotion is our number one aim. If you don’t go for that then you’re not really supposed to be a footballer.
- 1 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 2 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 3 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 4 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 5 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 6 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 9 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 10 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
“We were unlucky last season, going down by a point and I know we all want to get back there (League One) and all play as high as possible and we definitely think we can achieve that.”