Wilkinson’s brace not enough for Daggers as Chambers on song for York
League Two: York City 3 Dagenham & Redbridge 2
Dagenham & Redbridge’s five match unbeaten run in the League came to an end as York emerged the victors.
The Daggers fell behind after 19 minutes when Ashley Chambers fired home from the just inside the box after excellent work by Matty Blair.
But they were level just four minutes later as Luke Wilkinson headed home Matthew Saunders’ cross.
Chambers scored his second though after 37 minutes when he headed home a delightful cross from Jamal Fyfield.
You may also want to watch:
Blair, who had been in good form for York, sealed the three points with a 65th minute strike after excellent work from Daniel Kearns and Wilkinson’s second of the game was a stoppage-time consolation.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend