Wilkinson pens new three-year deal
Dagenham & Redbridge have extended defender Luke Wilkinson’s contract until 2015.
Dagenham & Redbridge central defender Luke Wilkinson has been rewarded for his fine start to the season with a new three-year deal.
The 20-year-old signed for the Daggers after being released by Portsmouth in 2010 and has spent periods on loan at non league clubs Dartford and Boreham Wood.
But Wilkinson came straight into boss John Still’s plans this season and has proved a key player to date and hasn’t missed a game since coming into the side since the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy win over Stevenage, with four goals to boot.
“When Luke Wilkinson signed as a young player from Portsmouth we knew it would take him a little bit of time to settle in,” said boss John Still.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s come in this year and done fantastic and made his place in the team his own. He looks to be another young and exciting player that we seem to develop here and I am delighted he has signed another contract.”
- 1 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 2 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 3 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 4 Trust celebrating Hornchurch history opens new permanent heritage centre
- 5 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 6 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 7 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 8 Report found Town Hall response to alleged sexual harassment case 'disturbing'
- 9 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 10 Havering Hospitality Hero: Hornchurch's Tandoori Lounge racks up awards