Springtime in Havering as wildlife comes out to play
- Credit: Archant
With more time on their hands to enjoy the lovely weather, residents have found the chance to appreciate the nature and wildlife around them.
Havering is fortunate to have so many green spaces and so many good photographers among our readers.
After last week’s picture spread of wildlife photos, we asked people to send in pictures from their gardens and local parks.
Debbie Wood has been feeding hedgehogs who visit her garden in Upminster. She said it began with just one cute visitor but one evening three hedgehogs appeared.
Stephen Window, of Hornchurch, said: “The last eight weeks due to the lockdown have been in the garden. It has really been lovely watching the birds and I do attract different species.I always sit out there with my camera as you never know what will turn up.”
You may also want to watch:
If you’re out in parks or gardens this weekend, so long as you’re social distancing, take some photos of the wildlife, blossom, flowers and send them to us so we can share them with other readers.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 3 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 4 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 5 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 6 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 7 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 8 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 9 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 10 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds