Why Slade wants Orient’s game to beat the freeze
O’s boss is keen to entertain Carlisle at the weekend
RUSSELL SLADE is hoping that the O’s will beat the big freeze and Saturday’s game against Carlisle will go ahead.
Orient have lost just one of their last 10 games in all competitions and Slade admitted: “We’re in decent form at the moment. We have been scoring goals and are more resilient, so we’re keen to get the game on if we can.”
Defender Elliot Omozusi, who missed his first game of the season when he was suspended for the FA Cup replay at Droylsden on Monday night is set to return and skipper Stephen Dawson could also make the starting line-up.
He has been out injured for the last three weeks, but made his comeback as a late substitute on Monday night.
You may also want to watch:
On-loan defender Andrew Whing will also be available.
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 5 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 6 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
- 7 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 8 Brentwood Tudor church damaged in illegal New Year's Eve party raises nearly £20,000 for repairs
- 9 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
- 10 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster