West Ham trialists earn place on Germany tour
Potential Hammers Colin Kazim Richards and Bilel Mohsni will travel to Germany on the club’s pre-season tour
West Ham trialists Colin Kazim Richards and Bilel Mohsni will travel to Germany today (Monday) with the rest of the Hammers squad as they continue their battle to earn a deal at Upton Park.
Turkey international striker Kazim Richards has been training at the club for the past two weeks and played 45 minutes for the Hammers in their 2-1 friendly victory at Colchester United on Saturday.
The 25-year-old Galatasaray forward, who has played in England for Sheffield United, Brighton and Bury, showed flashes of class at Colchester, scoring one goal with an audacious flick, only for it to be ruled out for offside, while also combining well with Carlton Cole.
Southend player Mohsni played in both Friday’s 4-1 Development Squad thumping by Grays Athletic as well as the last 27 minutes of the Colchester game.
You may also want to watch:
He scored at both ends in the Grays game in a nervous performance in defence, but hit back playing on the left side of a three-man attack on Saturday.
The tall 25-year-old Frenchman, who has a look of Mido about him, won plenty of balls in the air and delighted the watching West Ham fans with a cheeky dummy pass with the inside of his other foot.
- 1 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 2 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 3 Trust celebrating Hornchurch history opens new permanent heritage centre
- 4 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 5 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 6 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 7 Report found Town Hall response to alleged sexual harassment case 'disturbing'
- 8 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 9 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 10 Rainham flat ravaged by late night blaze
The pair clearly did enough to earn as spot on the pre-season tour where West Ham will play three matches as assistant boss Neil McDonald confirmed.
“Colin did all right,” he said. “He’s been training with us for a few days and he’s going to come to Germany so we’ll have a good look at him there. Our first impressions are that he’s not too bad.
“Bilel has been in for a couple of days as well as and I think he’s going to come to Germany as well. We’re having a good look at players to try and complement the squad and boost it up, so we will see how it goes.”