West Ham send strong squad for Boreham Wood friendly
Sam Allardyce will take a squad including new boy Jussi Jaaskelainen to Meadow Park for tomorrow’s friendly clash
West Ham United are expected to send a powerful first-team squad to Boreham Wood tomorrow night (Tuesday) for their opening pre-season friendly on British soil.
Manager Sam Allardyce takes his newly-promoted Hammers to Meadow Park for a 7.30pm kick-off against the Blue Square Bet South outfit and that may include new faces Jussi Jaaskelainen and Stephen Henderson in the line-up.
However, Mohamed Diame, who signed in a three-year deal in the summer will not be available having been called up for the Senegal Olympic Squad.
Also scheduled to get a run-out for the Hammers are Winston Reid, George McCartney, Kevin Nolan, Sam Baldock, Nicky Maynard, Carlton Cole, Ricardo Vaz Te, Stephen Henderson, Matty Taylor, Mark Noble, Guy Demel, Ravel Morrison and Gary O’Neil.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a chance for fans to see the play-off trophy as it will be paraded around the pitch.
West Ham have been allocated 2,250 tickets for the match, with seated tickets available at �19 each, including a souvenir matchday programme.
- 1 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 2 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 3 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 4 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 5 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 6 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 7 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 10 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
A further 2,000 standing tickets are available, priced at �16 for adults and �10 for over-65s and under-10s.
Tickets will be available on the night.