West Ham’s Jacobsen set to return from injury
Hammers defender can give the team a boost for their trip to play Everton on Saturday.
WEST HAM defender Lars Jacobsen is set to give the team a boost by returning to the starting line-up for Saturday’s vital trip to his former club Everton.
The 31-year-old right back has missed the last 10 Premier League games since limping out of the 3-1 win over Wigan Athletic on November 27.
Since then he has suffered recurring problems with a heel injury, but he has now been training fully for a week and a half and unless there are further problems he will go straight into the team at Goodison Park.
West Ham are still assessing midfielders Scott Parker and Mark Noble, but are quietly confident that both will play some part on Saturday, in what looks to be a vital match.
You may also want to watch:
Parker missed the 3-0 thumping by Arsenal on Saturday, while Noble limped off after just 20 minutes, though he was insisting he could carry on as he was substituted.
Freddie Piquionne has recovered from the toothache that inexplicably forced him to return to France for treatment, but Victor Obinna will serve the second of his three-match ban after being sent off in the Carling Cup semi-final first leg.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 3 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 4 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 5 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 6 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 7 12 Estates: How is the regeneration programme progressing?
- 8 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 9 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 10 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
Kieron Dyer is unlikely to feature as he continues to struggle with a thigh injury, while Valon Behrami, Herita Ilunga and Benni McCarthy are not expected to be risked as West Ham are in negotiations to ship the trio out of Upton Park before the end of the transfer window.