West Ham’s Cole to Fulham?
Hammers striker Carlton Cole has been linked with a move to Craven Cottage, with Andy Johnson coming in the other direction.
Rumours that Carlton Cole may be heading back to the Premier League with Fulham have been dismissed by both Cottagers boss Martin Jol and insiders at West Ham.
The 27-year-old England striker turned down a move to Stoke City last month after a fee had been agreed between the two clubs, but now Fulham are said to be interested in bolstrering their forward line with Cole, who scored 11 goals for the relegated Hammers last season.
Fulham striker Andy Johnson is said to be a makeweight in any deal between the two clubs, but Jol insisted that despite the stories, he was not looking at the striker.
“We haven’t made a bid for him,” insisted the Fulham boss. “I hope this won’t sound harsh, but we are not interested in him at the moment.”
You may also want to watch:
A West Ham source also suggested that the move was a non-starter.
Part of the reason that Cole turned down a possible move to the Britannia Stadium was his desire to remain in London, but though a move to Fulham would do that, allowing him to team up once again with former Hammers striker Bobby Zamora, his pledge to stay with West Ham is likely to keep him at Upton Park, at least until January.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend