West Ham’s Cole to Fulham?
Hammers striker Carlton Cole has been linked with a move to Craven Cottage, with Andy Johnson coming in the other direction.
Rumours that Carlton Cole may be heading back to the Premier League with Fulham have been dismissed by both Cottagers boss Martin Jol and insiders at West Ham.
The 27-year-old England striker turned down a move to Stoke City last month after a fee had been agreed between the two clubs, but now Fulham are said to be interested in bolstrering their forward line with Cole, who scored 11 goals for the relegated Hammers last season.
Fulham striker Andy Johnson is said to be a makeweight in any deal between the two clubs, but Jol insisted that despite the stories, he was not looking at the striker.
“We haven’t made a bid for him,” insisted the Fulham boss. “I hope this won’t sound harsh, but we are not interested in him at the moment.”
You may also want to watch:
A West Ham source also suggested that the move was a non-starter.
Part of the reason that Cole turned down a possible move to the Britannia Stadium was his desire to remain in London, but though a move to Fulham would do that, allowing him to team up once again with former Hammers striker Bobby Zamora, his pledge to stay with West Ham is likely to keep him at Upton Park, at least until January.
- 1 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 4 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 5 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 6 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 7 East London police officer charged with rape
- 8 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 9 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 10 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'