West Ham’s Allardyce: Baldock gives us the chance to play 4-4-2
Hammers new signing Sam Baldock adds a new attacking element to the West Ham line-up according the manager.
The arrival of West Ham new boy Sam Baldock will give the Hammers a chance to switch to a 4-4-2 formation according to manager Sam Allardyce.
The 22-year-old signed in a deal believed to be worth around �2million on Friday and though he was not included against Nottingham Forest on Sunday, the West Ham boss is excited about his new striking option.
“I thought he would have probably loved playing against Nottingham Forest,” insisted Allardyce following the 4-1 win.
“He would have got in down the side of Forest on many occasions, working off Carlton Cole or Freddie Piquionne and sniffed himself a chance out.”
You may also want to watch:
Allardyce watched Baldock score four goals in two games for the Dons last week and beat off competition from Southampton to land the striker and he thinks that the player will give West Ham a different dimension.
“It gives us another alternative to play a different system,” he explained.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 6 Severe flooding in Havering and Dagenham as "tornado" hits Barking
- 7 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 8 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 10 Harold Wood protest against proposed Gallows Corner homes
“4-3-3 has been magnificent for us up to now, but with the players we have got we have no alternative to that.
“But with a player like Sam we have an alternative to go to a 4-4-2, or start with it and I think that is very important if you can change your system when we feel it right.”