West Ham midfielder extends Daggers loan
Cristian Montano will stay with Dagenham & Redbridge over the festive period
Cristian Montano has extended his stay with Dagenham & Redbridge until the New Year.
The midfielder’s loan deal was due to expire after Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Burton Albion and Montano was expected to return to parent club West Ham.
But assistant boss Terry Harris revealed Daggers have secured the 20-year-old’s services for the upcoming matches with Barnet, Gillingham and second-placed Southend.
“We’ve got him over the Christmas period,” said Harris.
You may also want to watch:
“We spoke to West Ham and they’ve been good enough to let it carry on.
“We’ve got him up until the Southend away game. Then it’s Millwall in the FA Cup after that, so we will talk to West Ham again.”
- 1 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 East London police officer charged with rape
- 6 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 7 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 8 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 9 Post delays reported in Harold Hill as Royal Mail confirms staff shortages
- 10 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van