West Ham legend eyes coaching role at Upton Park
Former Hammer Julian Dicks met up with Avram Grant this week to discuss the possibility of a job at Upton Park.
WEST HAM legend Julian Dicks has taken a step towards joining the coaching staff at Upton Park this week after meeting manager Avram Grant.
Dicks, who is currently in charge of Grays Athletic in the Ryman League, sat down for informal talks with the West Ham boss on Tuesday as the Hammers look to add some mental toughness to their backroom team.
Dicks, who has made no secret of his desire to help out his old club in any capacity he can, will certainly fit that bill.
The meeting is said to have gone well and Dicks left feeling very positive about his prospects of joining up with the Hammers.
You may also want to watch:
West Ham recently parted with their reserve team coach, Alex Dyer, who left to join former Hammer Chris Powell on the coaching staff at Charlton Athletic, so there is a vacancy there, though a lot may depend on how Grant reshuffles his troops.
However, with Wally Downes already ensconced as the defensive co-ordinator at Chadwell Heath, it is difficult to see what sort of role the former defender may be offered.
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 3 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 4 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 5 Havering road and rail delays to look out for next week
- 6 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 7 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 8 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 9 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 10 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
Dicks is likely to find out if he has been successful at the beginning of next week.