West Ham legend eyes coaching role at Upton Park
Former Hammer Julian Dicks met up with Avram Grant this week to discuss the possibility of a job at Upton Park.
WEST HAM legend Julian Dicks has taken a step towards joining the coaching staff at Upton Park this week after meeting manager Avram Grant.
Dicks, who is currently in charge of Grays Athletic in the Ryman League, sat down for informal talks with the West Ham boss on Tuesday as the Hammers look to add some mental toughness to their backroom team.
Dicks, who has made no secret of his desire to help out his old club in any capacity he can, will certainly fit that bill.
The meeting is said to have gone well and Dicks left feeling very positive about his prospects of joining up with the Hammers.
You may also want to watch:
West Ham recently parted with their reserve team coach, Alex Dyer, who left to join former Hammer Chris Powell on the coaching staff at Charlton Athletic, so there is a vacancy there, though a lot may depend on how Grant reshuffles his troops.
However, with Wally Downes already ensconced as the defensive co-ordinator at Chadwell Heath, it is difficult to see what sort of role the former defender may be offered.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 3 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 4 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 5 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 6 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 7 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 8 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 9 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 10 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
Dicks is likely to find out if he has been successful at the beginning of next week.