West Ham complete loan deal for Arsenal midfielder
Hammers secure Lansbury signature
West Ham have completed the signing of promising Arsenal youngster Henri Lansbury.
The 20-year-old midfielder has signed on a season-long loan and is expected to provide competition in the middle of the park following the departure of Scott Parker to Spurs.
Lansbury spent the majority of last season on loan at Norwich City, helping to guide the Canaries to promotion to the Premier League and Sam Allardyce will hope that the England under-21 international can do the same in east London in this campaign.
In total, Lansbury made 23 appearances for the Norfolk side, scoring four goals before returning to his parent club at the end of last season.
You may also want to watch:
The midfielder has featured in two Premier League games for Arsenal this season, with both second-half performances coming from the bench.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 3 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’