West Ham complete loan deal for Arsenal midfielder
Hammers secure Lansbury signature
West Ham have completed the signing of promising Arsenal youngster Henri Lansbury.
The 20-year-old midfielder has signed on a season-long loan and is expected to provide competition in the middle of the park following the departure of Scott Parker to Spurs.
Lansbury spent the majority of last season on loan at Norwich City, helping to guide the Canaries to promotion to the Premier League and Sam Allardyce will hope that the England under-21 international can do the same in east London in this campaign.
In total, Lansbury made 23 appearances for the Norfolk side, scoring four goals before returning to his parent club at the end of last season.
You may also want to watch:
The midfielder has featured in two Premier League games for Arsenal this season, with both second-half performances coming from the bench.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 3 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 4 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 5 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 6 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 7 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 8 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford