West Ham boss: ‘Fringe players must fulfil their destiny against Aldershot!’
Sam Allardyce will look for the young pretenders in his squad to show what they can do against Aldershot on Tuesday night
West Ham boss Sam Allardyce will ring the changes for Tuesday night’s Carling Cup first round clash with Aldershot at Upton Park as his fringe players get a chance to ‘decide their destiny’.
Still smarting from Sunday’s 1-0 home defeat by Cardiff City in their Championship opener, the manager will look at some of the younger players when they take on the League Two Shots.
That could mean a start for Pablo Barrera, Junior Stanislas, Frank Nouble, Jack Collison and Ruud Boffin.
Allardyce said: “It won’t be the same team because the game is on Tuesday and we only played today (Sunday).
You may also want to watch:
“There are lots of players here that keep telling me that they should be playing first-team football so they will be playing on Tuesday night and deciding their destiny because if they play well in that game then they can play for West Ham,” he added.
“If they don’t then, ‘there you are son, you’ve had your chance and you blew it’.”
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 6 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 7 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 8 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 9 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
- 10 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
Aldershot boss Dean Holdsworth was at Upton Park on Sunday to run the rule over the Hammers.
His team won their opening league game of the season on Saturday, winning 2-1 at Bradford City.
Follow our live coverage from Upton Park on Tuesday night on www.london24.com/sport