West Ham assistant boss holding coaching courses at training ground
West Ham assistant manager Neil McDonald has set up a series of coaching courses aimed at part-time football managers and coaches
West Ham assistant boss Neil McDonald will be imparting some of his wisdom with a special coaching course aimed at part-time football managers and coaches.
The Hammers number two, who holds a UEFA Pro Licence, is launching a series of evening sessions at West Ham’s Chadwell Heath training ground.
The only qualification for attending is that you curently manage or coach a recognised football team at any level, or you are a player aspiring to be a coach.
The first three Thursday dates for the sessions are already pencilled in as July 19, August 2 and August 16.
You may also want to watch:
McDonald explained: “The aim is to give managers and coaches, especially those who are part-time, a chance to enhance their coaching skills.
“The sessions are spread over the season and in the evenings as I appreciate many of those it is aimed at also have ‘day jobs’.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 10 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards
“Each of the sessions will concentrate on a seperate area and can be used as a self-contained lesson, or you can take part in the whole series.
“Every good coach has to pass on skills and ideas that will improve a player. I hope I can help the people on my course to impart that extra bit of knowledge that will make a difference to that player’s overall game.”
Each session will last two and a half hours and the cost is �60 per session, though reductions can be obtained by booking more than one session.
To find out further information or to book a place go to the website at www.prosoccersessions.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org