West End is calling for young Rainham singer
- Credit: Archant
A talented young performer has made it all the way to the grand finals of a singing competition after taking the stage of a sold-out theatre in Leicester Square by storm.
Back in January 16-year-old Alice Abbott, from Rainham, auditioned for the national musical theatre competition West End Calling and impressed the judges enough to be chosen for the semi-finals where she performed Woman from the Pirate Queen.
After wowing the judges at Tristan Bates Theatre on Saturday Alice will now compete against 29 other contestants in the grand finals which will be held at The Ambassadors Theatre on April 11.
Whether or not Alice goes on to win the competition she said it has already inspired her to pursue her dreams.
“Getting feedback from industry professionals is invaluable,” said Alice. “When your Nan tells you that you’re really good it’s great but it’s reassuring hearing it from people who know what they’re talking about.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to be an actress in the West End and doing this competition has allowed me to visualise how to get to where I want to be in a much clearer way, seeing those who are working in the industry gives me hope and inspiration.
“I believe in myself but hearing others believe in me is such a confidence boost – an experience I will never forget.”
- 1 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 2 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: 'Free London' candidate Laurence Fox visits Romford
- 4 Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- 5 Bekash restaurant ranked best curry house in Havering on Tripadviser
- 6 Stall holders 'chuffed' as Romford Market reopens
- 7 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 8 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage