Wennington, Romford and Hornchurch fire crews tackling propane cylinder lorry blaze near Cranham
Fire crews from Wennington, Romford and Hornchurch tackled a blaze on a lorry with propane cylinders alight today.
The fire was on St Mary’s Lane, just outside Cranham, near Puddledock Farm and the junction with Clay Tye Road.
Around 20 fire-fighters were needed currently at the scene, and where the vehicle – believed to be the kind used for painting road markings - was 50 per cent alight.
The emergency services were called at 2.50pm, and the fire was out by 4.10pm.
A 25-metre hazard zone was put in place at the scene, and the M25 remained unaffected.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the fire service said: “Problems presented to us were that a number of gas cylinders were present.
“It was quite a dangerous and difficult fire to deal with.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 5 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 6 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 9 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
“Crews showed very good professionalism in extinguishing the fire which took quite a lot of water to do and involved closing the road.”
The cause of the fire is being investigated.